[iyonix-support] Re: New 5.14 ROM on Iyonix

  • From: John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:50:34 +0100

Hi

Tim Powys-Lybbe wrote:
On 27 Apr at 6:27, Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

SNIP
Not at Wakefield.  They said the 5.14 upgrade definitely worked with
5.13 and should work with 5.11 but no guarantees.  They though any much
earlier versions would probably not work.

The difference is that 5.14 is free, CDROM cost apart, and will,
presumably, give USB2 to machines with older versions.  If only it
didn't all go dark of course!

The formal 514 ROM that is/will be released through ROOL is one I've created, at castle, from ROOL based sources, with only one component in it that is not yet complete in ROOL. It comes within the standard ROM programmer, which creates a backup programmer that can be used 'blind' to restore the previous rom if you get a blank screen. I am comfortable that the rom I created is fit for purpose to the best I can test it. You will need to consult ROOL to discover the full changes set within ROOL. (n.b. some module version numbers may be one behind in 514 compared with 513.  This is because some things changed in 512 and 513 after initial import by ROOL. They have merged these changes in, but did not change version numbers. It should not be a cause for concern)

I have not personally tried the softloader, so am not aware of any possible quirks it may produce.

The 514 ROM will not be put out through the Iyonix website, so  will not be locked to a specific machine.. i.e. will be as FREE as ROOL choose supply it.

Good luck

John

John Ballance C.Eng MIET - jwb@xxxxxxxxxx - 07976 295923

John says: Free Utilities? -> http://www.ucallusave.co.uk