[iyonix-support] Re: New 5.14 ROM on Iyonix

  • From: Richard Mellish <RichardMellish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 15:43:18 +0100

Martin Wuerthner said

but then Dave Higton said:
> I'm sorry to say that I must disagree with you here, Martin.  An
> automatic softload would be exactly like using Select on a RISC
> PC etc.

> It also provides an easy way to evaluate 5.14, to confirm
> application compatibility, before committing to reflashing
> the ROM.

The latter makes good sense to me, and is consistent with Steve's
(ROOL) advice for users currently running 5.11.

However it leaves me still wondering whether I should download 5.14
and try softloading it or not bother at all for the time being. Could
someone (please nicely) provide a simple outline, not great detail, of
the main areas where 5.14 offers enhancements over 5.11 and the main
areas where it provides bugfixes?

I am already running Alarm 2.77 but I think I preferred the user
interface of the old version.

Richard