[iyonix-support] Re: New 5.14 ROM on Iyonix

  • From: "Steve (ROOL)" <srevill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 23:47:47 +0100

On 27 Apr, Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I stayed with 5.11 when 5.12 was made available because I already had
> bought USB 2 and had no need for the capacity to handle other graphics
> cards.  When 5.13 came out I looked hard at the changes and decided
> that they were minor bug fixes so didn't see it as worthwhile to pay
> for 5.12 to get 5.13.

Attached is a change list for changes from ROM 5.13 to 5.14. Read at your
leisure! :)

Thanks,

Steve

--
Stephen Revill, Director                           Tel: +44 (0) 1353 740 267
RISC OS Open Ltd                                          www.riscosopen.org

Detail:
  Some changes were required in order for this component to build and install
  correctly. These changes are required for the ROOL 'Disc' build.
Admin:
  Tested in Iyonix 'Disc' build using ROOL 'BuildEnv' build environment

Version 2.75. Tagged as 'Alarm-2_75'

Detail:
  Style guide issues:
  * Fixed window menus to open at x-64,y instead of x-64,y+32
  * Pressing return in dialogue boxes causes the default button to be pressed
  * Changed 'Setup...' to 'Choices...' on iconbar menu.
  * Dialogue windows now have a Cancel button rather than a wimp close box.

  Set Alarm window changes:
  * Window redesigned.
  * Old behaviour (which was broken in 2.75) of clicking on the "Repeating
  * Alarm" icon expanding the window, has been reinstated.
  * Year, date, hour and minute icons are now directly editable.
  * New icons show the difference between the current time and the alarm you
    are setting.

  Fixed broken messages file, added a warning to hopefully stop it happening
  again.

  When the 'code' file isn't present, an error is generated; unfortunately
  this was translated via MsgTrans (the problem being the messages file
  hadn't been opened yet). This has now been fixed.

  Iconbar icon now uses desktop font, and has a fixed position on the
  iconbar.

  The Alarm$Options settings are saved in <Choices$Write>.Boot.Predesk.Alarm,
  so the user defined format is preserved over resets.

  Extensions to the user definede format:
    ~AH Analogue hours display.
    ~AM Analogue minutes display.
    ~AS Analogue seconds display.
    ~IN Alternating ':'/'.' indicator previously used by HH:MM format.

    You can now include system variables in the string. Alarm provides
    <Alarm$Free> which is the current free memory in the computer.

  Error changes:
  * Message_DataOpen is acknowledged straight away. Which prevents the
    situation of an error occuring, the OS running another copy of Alarm
    and then generating the same error again.
  * Errors 108D4 and 108D5 are ignored, as recommended on PRM3-64
  * Error windows now use the extensions provided by RO3.5

  Choosing "Set clock..." from the iconbar menu, will run the !TimeSetup
  configure plug-in if available.

Admin:
  Tested on RiscPC RO402, RiscPC RO606, Underemulation on RO311 + universal
  boot & nested window manager.
Notes:
  Changes by James Lampard.

Version 2.76. Tagged as 'Alarm-2_76'

Detail:
  Fix bug in FNoffscreen (should be OS_ReadMoveVariable 12 into Y%)

  Added divider sprite to dialogue windows, this helps hide the different
  background tiling caused by nesting windows.

  Set alarm window, icon 27 the 'every x number' was not big enough for three
  digits even though it can go up to 255. It has now been made bigger.

  The Y size of the font is now only read on mode/font change, reading it on
  every display can cause the text to sometimes jump.
Admin:
  Tested on RiscPC RO402, RiscPC RO606
Notes:
  Changes by James Lampard.

Version 2.77. Tagged as 'Alarm-2_77'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Apps/Chars between tags Chars-1_20 and
Chars-1_21

Fixed so that it builds and installs. No runtime checking.

Version 1.21. Tagged as 'Chars-1_21'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Apps/Draw between tags Draw-1_13 and
Draw-1_14

Detail:
  Some changes were required in order for this component to build and install
  correctly. These changes are required for the ROOL 'Disc' build.
Admin:
  Tested in Iyonix 'Disc' build using ROOL 'BuildEnv' build environment

Version 1.14. Tagged as 'Draw-1_14'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Apps/Edit between tags Edit-1_63 and
Edit-1_64

Detail:
  Made !Run and !Boot files slightly less messy and added an IconSprites
  command to !Boot.
Admin:
  No code change - works in baseline 517

Version 1.64. Tagged as 'Edit-1_64'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Apps/Help2 between tags Help2-3_13 and
Help2-3_15

Detail:
  Some changes were required in order for this component to build and install
  correctly. These changes are required for the ROOL 'Disc' build.
Admin:
  Tested in Iyonix 'Disc' build using ROOL 'BuildEnv' build environment

Version 3.14. Tagged as 'Help2-3_14'

Detail:
  Use the XWIPE macro rather than WIPE so that when the component
  is cleaned, we don't get loads of irritating errors from AMU if
  the object to be wiped doesn't exist.
Admin:
  No code change.

Version 3.15. Tagged as 'Help2-3_15'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Apps/Paint between tags Paint-1_96 and
Paint-2_00

Detail:
  Some changes were required in order for this component to build and install
  correctly. These changes are required for the ROOL 'Disc' build.
Admin:
  Tested in Iyonix 'Disc' build using ROOL 'BuildEnv' build environment

Version 1.97. Tagged as 'Paint-1_97'

  sprite edit window changed to improve positioning accuracy.
Detail:
  * Wimp_EScroll event added to make wheelmouse work.
  * Tool rubber banding now snaps to pixel centres making location easier.
  * flickering of box stopped in move (hand) tool.
  * Bottom left of sprites used in painting aligned with grid and sprite plotted
    directly under moving version.
  * Text painting now plots under the moving version of the text.
  * copy, move and hand tools cancel dragging with Adjust.
  * SpriteFile window changed to allow selections using Select,Adjust or Drag.
  * Alt-Select/Adjust on name allows renaming of sprite.
  * TAB moves rename icon to next sprite.
  * Shift TAB moves rename icon to previous sprite
  * Ctrl-Return renames sprite and moves the rename icon to the
    next sprite.
 V2 changes
  * Rubber band rectangular boxes with 0 width or height drawn as a
   line so they don't disappear.
  * Parallelogram rubber band where all the points are in line drawn
    as a line so they don't disappear.
Admin:
  Tested on Iyonix RO5.10
  Programmer tested only.
Changed by:
  Colin Granville

Version 1.98. Tagged as 'Paint-1_98'

Detail:
  * Show error message when dragging selection fails.
  * Sprite target area in spritefile window set to a minimum height
    of 64 units and minimum width of 64 units.
  * Moving brush now redrawn in the same place that it is updated.
  * Changed moving brush plotting from EOR to NOT to stop
    black in brushes not appearing.
  * Fixed situation where the moving text y position is different
    to plotted text y position at 1:1 scale.
  * Stopped text redrawing repeatedly at the same place. This makes
    single clicks when using EOR plotting always work as expected.
    (old bug)
  * fixed width of insert/delete display at 1:1 scale.
  * fixed ftrace calls left in from changes that cause the !Debug
    compilation to fail.
  * makefile: changed OBJSZ o.Paintlib and o.AltRename. Changed o. to  oz.
  * makefile: changed OBJSD o.Paintlib and o.AltRename. Changed o. to  od.
Admin:
 Tested on Iyonix RO5.10
 Programmer tested only.
Notes:
  Changed by Colin Granville

Version 1.99. Tagged as 'Paint-1_99'

Fixes background display in sprite file window
Detail:
  Change made to main_clear_background to cope with background sprites which
  are the wrong colour depth.

  The background sprite is no longer used if the 'Textured window
  backgrounds' CMOS bit is not set.
Admin:
  Tested on Iyonix RO v5.11
Changed by:
  Colin Granville.

Version 2.00. Tagged as 'Paint-2_00'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Desktop/Desktop between tags
Desktop-2_68 and Desktop-2_69

   Update of desktop templates copyright message for 5.14 build
Detail:
   Resources.Templates updated
Admin:
   John Ballance. Castle

Version 2.69. Tagged as 'Desktop-2_69'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Desktop/Filer between tags Filer-2_13
and Filer-2_17

Make doubleclick-and-hold emulate Shift-doubleclick.
Detail:
  Changed handling of doubleclicks so that after checking for Shift-doubleclick,
  and Shift isn't pressed, it checks if the mouse button is depressed for at
  least 0.2s.
  Implements a loop that runs for 0.2s whilst checking mouse button status, so
  will starve background processes for that time but this is by far the easiest
  way to implement this.
  Also there's no option to turn it off, adding one should be easy though.
Admin:
  Tested on Iyonix RO5.11
Changes by:
  Fred Graute

Version 2.14. Tagged as 'Filer-2_14'

Remove iconised viewer icon when the viewer is reopened.
Detail:
  Opening a viewer, iconising it then reopening it from its parent viewer or
  the iconbar doesn't remove the iconised viewer icon from the pinboard.
  Sending the message Wimp_WindowClosed (&400CC) when reopening an existant
  viewer fixes this.
Admin:
  Tested on Iyonix RO5.11
Changes by:
  Fred Graute

Version 2.15. Tagged as 'Filer-2_15'

Detail:
  The RO3 style guide states a main menu should be opened at x-64,y.
  Instead the filer was opening it's menu at x-192,y+16.
  This has now been fixed.
Admin:
  Tested on RiscPC RO402.
Notes:
  Changes by James Lampard.

Version 2.16. Tagged as 'Filer-2_16'

  Merged in changes from Castle
Detail:
  fix for Alt-Select filer renamimg intermittant failure.

  s.msgsin .. replaced EXIT NE after SWI. as NE state not held through 32bit SWI
  file access permissions sub menu window now initialises again
Admin:
  Untested

Version 2.17. Tagged as 'Filer-2_17'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Desktop/Pinboard between tags
Pinboard-0_84 and Pinboard-0_88

Details:
  Replaced the 'Options' menu item with the 'Configure...' menu item
  which opens the Pinboard configure plugin directly from the Pinboard.
  This is achieved by running a *command that checks if the plugin is
  there and filer-runs it if so.

  All the code and help messages relating to the 'Options' menu item
  and its submenus has been removed.
Admin:
  Tested on Iyonix RO5.11
Notes:
  Changes by Fred Graute.

Version 0.85. Tagged as 'Pinboard-0_85'

Details:
  Changed plotting of tiled jpegs so that only affected tiles are redrawn.
  Plotting of tiled sprites started one pixel too low.
  Tiled jpegs used a different origin to tiled sprites.
  Tiled sprites plotting treated redraw MaxX/MaxY as inclusive.
Admin:
  Tested on Iyonix RO5.11
Changes by:
  Fred Graute

Version 0.86. Tagged as 'Pinboard-0_86'

Details:
  Tidying a selection of icons could result in icons being placed at locations
  already occupied by other icons. The reason for this is that tidying iconised
  window icons didn't check at all whether a position was occupied or not, and
  tidying file icons only checked against the list of iconised window icons.
  Essentially the code was designed for tidying all icons on the Pinboard, not
  selections.
Admin:
  Tested on Iyonix RO5.11
Changes by:
  Fred Graute

Version 0.87. Tagged as 'Pinboard-0_87'

  Merged in changes from Castle
Detail:
  iconise of window with longer name could cause disappearing window
  if window (file) name longer than 10 chars or so the icon 'vanishes' when
  iconised. s.messages line 989 kad a LSR of a negative(possibly) number. This
  left a top bit set value in the bounding box.. oversize!
  changing to ASR kept the maths at this point valid
Admin:
  Not tested

Version 0.88. Tagged as 'Pinboard-0_88'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Desktop/Wimp between tags Wimp-5_00 and
Wimp-5_05

Added a test harness that may be useful if anyone fancies finishing off
drag and drop in writeable icons.

Version 5.00. Not tagged

  Fixed potentially fatal bug in Watchdog.
Detail:
  Unnecessarily complex code in Watchdog for killing tasks other than the
  currently active task ended up corrupting the environment handlers for
  the current task.
Admin:
  Fixes the test case of running a BASIC program consisting of
    REPEAT UNTIL FALSE
  which previously caused random errors or complete crashes if you ran it
  and then Al-Breaked and tried to kill a different task.

Version 5.01. Tagged as 'Wimp-5_01'

  Fixed corruption of table with characters to be mapped to WimpSymbol.
Detail:
  There was an ALIGN statement missing just above the code for WimpWriteDir

  The table used to map characters to the WimpSymbol font had become corrupted
  which prevented the mapping from working correctly. This resulted in keyboard
  shortcuts disappearing in menus when using fonts that don't have definitions
  for the required characters, in particular the up-arrow representing shift.
Admin:
  Tested on RO 5.11
Author:
  Fred Graute

Version 5.02. Tagged as 'Wimp-5_02'

Detail:
  Previous versions of the Window Manager required toolicons to have pixels
  that were transparent so that the background colour could be used to indicate
  whether a window had input focus or not. This means that new sets of toolicons
  either have to have transparent pixels or lose indication of input focus.
  To remove this limitation the support for toolicons has been extended so
  that a different set of toolicons can be used for the window with the input
  focus.

  The new icons have the prefix 'f' added to their names as follows:
    <toolname>    standard version of toolicon
    p<toolname>   pressed version of toolicon
    f<toolname>   focus version of toolicon
    pf<toolname>  pressed+focus version of toolicon

  Code has been added to ensure that all toolicons are represented.
  This is done in two stages; first the pressed icons are checked and for any
  missing its non-pressed equivalent will be filled in. Next the focus icons
  are checked and for missing ones its non-focus equivalent will be used.
Admin:
  Tested on Iyonix RO5.11
Author:
  Fred Graute

Version 5.03. Tagged as 'Wimp-5_03'

  Allow the outline to be plotted over the window tools.
Detail:
  The options available through WimpVisualFlags have been extended with two
  new options that control how the window outline is plotted.

  WimpVisualFlags -WindowOutlineColour <&RRGGBB> -WindowOutlineOver

  WindowOutlineColour defines the colour to be used for the window outline.
  It allows theme designers to choose a window outline colour that fits
  in with a theme's general colour scheme. Default value is black.

  WindowOutlineOver controls if the window outline is plotted over the
  toolicons. It can be used to ensure that there is a window outline
  visible even when the toolicons are borderless. Default value is off.
Admin:
  Tested on RO 5.11
Author:
  Fred Graute

Version 5.04. Tagged as 'Wimp-5_04'

  3D window outline colour default initialiesed to black
Detail:
  Wimp found to have ininitialised WindowOutlineColour until the
  WimpVisualFlags had been run. Now initialised at module startup.
Admin:
  Tested in ROM build. J Ballance, Castle

Version 5.05. Tagged as 'Wimp-5_05'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/FileSys/ImageFS/DOSFS between tags
DOSFS-0_84 and DOSFS-0_85

Fixed so that it builds and installs. No runtime checking.

Version 0.85. Tagged as 'DOSFS-0_85'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/HAL/Tungsten between tags Tungsten-0_25
and Tungsten-Official514

  Added Tungsten ROM flash programmer / ROM image distribution application
Detail:
  Minimally automated - currently needs tweaking for every ROM release.
  When you've done a Tungsten ROM build and you want to release it, run
  Tungsten.utils.ROMDistrib.!MkInstall and it will create the !ROMxxx
  application in RiscOS.Install for you.
Admin:
  To be tested...

Version 0.27. Tagged as 'Tungsten-0_27'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/HWSupport/CD/ATAPI between tags
ATAPI-1_32 and Batch1

        changes.  No actual code changes, so module version not changed.
Detail:
Admin:  built in test tungsten rom. works

Version 1.32. Not tagged

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Kernel between tags
Kernel-5_35-4_79_2_95 and Kernel-5_35-4_79_2_100

  Merged in changes from Castle
Detail:
  Updated GraphicsV documentation
  Upped ROM version number - currently matches latest Castle release (5.13)
Admin:
  No code change

Version 5.35, 4.79.2.96. Tagged as 'Kernel-5_35-4_79_2_96'

Bumped OS version number to 5.14.

Version 5.35, 4.79.2.97. Tagged as 'Kernel-5_35-4_79_2_97'

  Minor kernel updates
Detail:
  * Added some documentation on previously undocumented HAL calls
  * Corrected NVMemoryFlag_Provision bitmask to match documentation
  * Bugfix: NVMemoryFlag_ProtectAtEnd flag was being ignored
Admin:
  Not tested

Version 5.35, 4.79.2.98. Tagged as 'Kernel-5_35-4_79_2_98'

  "Unknown OS_PlatformFeatures reason code" now has a non-zero error number.
Detail:
  Error number &1F3 allocated.
Admin:
  Requires HdrSrc 1.63.
  Fix supplied by Rob Sprowson.

Version 5.35, 4.79.2.99. Tagged as 'Kernel-5_35-4_79_2_99'

    Datestamp of kernel for 5.14 build
Detail:
    Version file updated
Admin:
    John Ballance, Castle

Version 5.35, 4.79.2.100. Tagged as 'Kernel-5_35-4_79_2_100'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Lib/DebugLib between tags DebugLib-0_63
and DebugLib-0_64

Detail:
  I've added simple backends for the standard SysLog SWI interface and
  the Reporter module. Both of these provide line based APIs so the output
  is line buffered (to a width of 80 characters). I also removed two
  unnecessary forward declarations for static functions in debug.c which
  were producing warnings from Norcroft CC.
Admin:
   Compiled with Norcroft 5.65. Tested on RISC OS 5.13, using DoggySoft
   SysLog 0.20, Reporter 2.64d via a debug build of the USBDriver module.

Version 0.64. Tagged as 'DebugLib-0_64'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Lib/ModMalloc between tags
ModMalloc-0_03 and ModMalloc-0_04

Detail:
  Removed dependence upon Every and Makatic tools, at least for the
  standard application and module builds. Makatic can still be used if you
  have it on your run path (and this will help if you want to create one
  of the debug builds).
  All references to the MemCheck library (also part of WSS's commercial
  product Dr Smith's Toolkit) are now wrapped in #ifdefs, and so the library
  can now be built without it.
Admin:
  Tested briefly in a ROM build.

Version 0.04. Tagged as 'ModMalloc-0_04'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Lib/PlainArgv between tags
PlainArgv-0_02 and PlainArgv-0_03

Detail:
  Removed dependence upon Every and Makatic tools, at least for the
  standard application and module builds. Makatic can still be used if you
  have it on your run path (and this will help if you want to create one
  of the debug builds).
Admin:
  Tested briefly in a ROM build.

Version 0.03. Tagged as 'PlainArgv-0_03'

-------------------------------------
Logging component mixed/RiscOS/Sources/Networking/AUN/Internet between tags
Internet-5_50 and Internet-5_51

Detail:
        if attempting to rtfree() a null rt pointer the null pointer was used
to get
        initialisation for a register array before aborting. now it is only
        used if non null
Admin:

Version 5.51. Tagged as 'Internet-5_51'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Printing/Modules/PDriver between tags
PDriver-3_38 and PDriver-3_39

Fixed so that it builds and installs. No runtime checking.

Version 3.39. Tagged as 'PDriver-3_39'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Printing/PDumpers between tags
PDumpers-1_42 and PDumpers-1_44

  Added PDumperPCL.
Detail:
  Contributed by Herbert zur Nedden and based upon PDumperLJ, this is a
  dumper designed for PCL printers that support duplex printing, such as the
  Canon i-Sensys MF4690PL. See PDumperPCL/!Info for full details.
Admin:
  Tested by the author on the aforementioned printer; ROOL have merely
  checked that it compiles. See PrintDefs 0.46 for the associated printer
  definition file.

Version 1.43. Tagged as 'PDumpers-1_43'

Just some makefile tweaks. No code changes.

Version 1.44. Tagged as 'PDumpers-1_44'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Programmer/HdrSrc between tags
HdrSrc-1_59 and HdrSrc-1_63

Detail:
  To allow public release of this component, sensitive header files have
  been moved out of the way. HdrSrc will in future only contain preprocessed
  versions of those files with confidential information filtered out.
Admin:
  Not tested in a build yet.

Version 1.59. Not tagged

Detail:
  Imported public versions of the registration header files. These have all
  mentions of third-party allocations removed from them, and because these
  are new imports, there's nothing hiding in the revision history either.
Admin:
  Manually inspected for sanity; we'll have to see how well it functions in
  a real build.

Version 1.60. Tagged as 'HdrSrc-1_60'

Added various allocations.
DragAFile is now a public (Acorn) allocation for James Lampard.

Version 1.61. Tagged as 'HdrSrc-1_61'

Updated to use latest HdrGen sources and modified Hdr:Machine.Machine
(HdrGen 1.77)

Version 1.62. Tagged as 'HdrSrc-1_62'

Resynced HdrSrc with allocations database

Version 1.63. Tagged as 'HdrSrc-1_63'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/ThirdParty/Desk/Lib/Desk

Detail:
  RiscOS/Sources/ThirdParty/Desk/Lib/Desk contains a verbatim copy of the
  public release of Desk. This is the only version that is allowed to be
  distributed, according to a strict reading of the licence conditions.
  Also included here is a makefile to install Desk into the RISC OS build
  structure during the export-hdrs and export-libs phases, moving and
  renaming files in the process so that minimal changes are required to
  components which previously used Acorn's internal variant of Desk.
Admin:
  Limited testing carried out so far in a RISC OS ROM build.

Version 3.2.5. Tagged as 'Desk-3_2_5'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/ThirdParty/OSLib/Lib/OSLib

Detail:
  RiscOS/Sources/ThirdParty/OSLib/Lib/OSLib contains a verbatim copy of the
  public release of OSLib. Also included here is a makefile to install OSLib
  into the RISC OS build structure duringthe export-hdrs and export-libs
  phases, moving files in the process so that minimal changes are required to
  components which previously used Acorn's internal variant os OSLib.
Admin:
  Limited testing carried out so far in a RISC OS ROM build.

Version 6.90. Tagged as 'OSLib-6_90'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Toolbox/Common between tags Common-0_13
and Common-0_14

Detail:
  Use the XWIPE macro rather than WIPE so that when the component
  is cleaned, we don't get loads of irritating errors from AMU if
  the object to be wiped doesn't exist.
Admin:
  No code change.

Version 0.14. Tagged as 'Common-0_14'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Toolbox/Gadgets between tags
Gadgets-0_29 and Gadgets-0_30

Just some makefile tweaks. No code changes.

Version 0.30. Tagged as 'Gadgets-0_30'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Toolbox/Libs between tags Libs-0_17 and
Libs-0_19

Fixed so that it builds and installs. No runtime checking.

Version 0.18. Tagged as 'Libs-0_18'

Detail:
  Stripped dynamic dependencies from toolboxlib.AutoGenMfS - these should
  never have gone into CVS
  Added directory creation rules to toolboxlib.Makefile so that component
  will build when checked out on a revision or branch tag
Admin:
  Tested in a build

Version 0.19. Tagged as 'Libs-0_19'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Toolbox/ToolAction between tags
ToolAction-0_29 and ToolAction-0_30

Just some makefile tweaks. No code changes.

Version 0.30. Tagged as 'ToolAction-0_30'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Video/HWSupport/NVidia

Detail:
  All sources now cleared for release; should be no functional change from
  version 0.30.
Admin:
  Untested.

Version 0.31. Tagged as 'NVidia-0_31'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Video/Render/DrawFile between tags
DrawFile-1_52 and DrawFile-1_53

Renamed symbols in order to build with OSLib 6.90.

Version 1.53. Tagged as 'DrawFile-1_53'

-------------------------------------
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Video/Render/Fonts/Manager between tags
Manager-3_60 and Manager-3_61

  Make FontManager softload on modern ROL OS versions.
Detail:
  In recent ROL OS versions, the font cache dynamic area is managed
  entirely by the FontManager module -- the kernel no longer creates
  this dynamic area itself. This change prevented the UCS FontManager
  from loading, as it expected the font cache to already exist.

  The FontManager code has been modified to create the font cache DA
  itself if it detects that it does not exist. It will destroy the
  font cache DA on finalisation if it created the DA in the first place
  and it provides an appropriate dynamic area handler to process DA
  resize requests.

  So as to permit loading this version of the FontManager on all OS
  versions, the Font_ChangeArea SWI is still provided, the module
  initialisation code will do the right thing if it detects that the
  font cache DA already exists, and the finalisation code will only
  destroy the font cache DA if it was created by the initialisation
  code.
Admin:
  Contributed by John-Mark Bell.
  Tested on an A9home with RO 4.42. This worked fine with the A9home's
  built-in ROM fonts. Additionally tested with a softloaded copy of the
  ROMFonts module from RO 5.11. This also performed as expected.
  Successfully tested UCS functionality using NetSurf with both language
  (Marugothic, Song) and symbol (TTF2f conversions of Cyberbit and others)
  fonts.
  Also successfully tested on RO 5.11, indicating no regression in
  behaviour.
  Unsuccessfully tested on RO 4.02 under RPCEmu. A vanilla build of
  FM 3.60 also fails on this setup. In both cases, the DPI values listed
  by *FontList are 4294967205 (= (2^32-1) - 90), which implies that the
  DPI calculations have been broken at some point. A 26bit version of
  FM 3.54 does not exhibit this behaviour.

Version 3.61. Tagged as 'Manager-3_61'

-------------------------------------
Logging component mixed/RiscOS/Sources/Video/Render/SprExtend between tags
SprExtend-1_17 and SprExtend-1_18

Detail:
  Creates install directories if not already present before doing the
  copy operation.
Admin:
  Will work.

Version 1.18. Tagged as 'SprExtend-1_18'

Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Video/UserI/Picker between tags
Picker-0_49 and Picker-0_50

Renamed symbols so module can build with OSLib 6.90.

Version 0.50. Tagged as 'Picker-0_50'