[iyonix-support] Iyonix x86 cards (Was Re: Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2)

  • From: dgs <dgs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 10:56:25 +0000 (GMT)

On 17 Mar, Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Instead of removing software I long for Castle to put the clock back
> and put into it's case a PC card like the old days.

The Iyonix has PCI slots, there's nothing to prevent you from plugging in
a PCI card with all the essential elements of a Windows PC on it.

The only issue is that it wouldn't work without someone writing
appropriate software to drive it.  There's no reason why it should be
Castle who do that, it wasn't Acorn who originally wrote the PC card
software for the Risc PC.

If you believe there is sufficient demand, then it's up to you to find the
right people to develop the software, and then get your product to market!

> I still hope Peter will come back I guess he knows we need him.

Telling us this is of very little use or interest, it's just an annoyance
and inconvenience to people who are subscribed to this list for support of
their Iyonix computers.  If you want to talk to Peter, email him.

And please don't report back here the results of any such email
discussion, I and others have long since lost patience with that endless
and pointless argument.

--
dgs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | RISC OS user in London? http://rougol.jellybaby.net/

"One of the reasons the games scene is in this state is that people like
that think negatively, and this must be corrected if the games scene is
to develop and get bigger." - Sion Cleaver