[iyonix-support] Iyonix upgrading

  • From: JayCee <jaygcee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 15:56:00 +0100

My Iyonix (5.12) seems to be suffering from more and more failures
like Apps gone wrong, losing the desktop fonts and reverting to the
system font, just locking up completely and little niggles like that.

It is aprticularly annoying as my partners PC on the other desk in the
office hardly ever goes wrong and of course she can do more than me
especially in terms of internet use which causes some hilarity ("Oh I
suppose you want to use my machine again" wnen I need to use the net
seriously for instance).

It is getting old now and I would like to replace/upgrade and I would
dearly like to continue to use RISCOS.

As far as I can make out there is not a system to upgrade to - am I
totally wrong there - what 'upgrade' path have other users taken.

Before I get flamed by a certain gentleman please let me apologise if
this is the wrong list and also explain this is a serious question
inviting serious answers as I do not want to leave RISCOS but cannot
see a way forward in terms of hardware or software (browsers, DVD and
sound capability, printer compatibility to name a few).

--
JayCee