[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix hanging (was Re: EtherK not starting up reliably)

  • From: Frank Watkinson <frank@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:28:00 +0100

In article <b6ba4cc94e.Andrew Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4ec93546a3frank@xxxxxxxx>
>  on 25 Mar 2007 Frank Watkinson <frank@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Pardon me for re-opening this thread,

[Snip]

> > If I leave the machine running and turn my back for a time
> > (variable: one half hour to several hours) it hangs, showing the

[Snip]

> That certainly was the problem I was having, though sometimes it
> happened quite quickly.

> [snip]

> > It has only arisen in the last 2 weeks during which time no new
> > software has been introduced.
> >
> [snip]

> I had previously come to the conclusion that the problems I was
> experiencing were temperature related.  I've now had carpets fitted
> and the Iyonix (standard case) is now sitting on carpet rather
> than on bare floorboards.  The hangs have not occurred since.
> This leads me to suspect that there is less airflow through the
> case and less internal cooling.  Have you relocated your machine
> in the last two weeks?  If so, moving it back again might be worth
> trying.

No re-location. Temperature indicator nowhere near as high as during
last Summer.

Is it possible that the PSU alone could be getting hotter than usual,
perhaps because something like a filter needs clearing?

So far, no one has seemed able to comment on my question concerning
the criticality of output voltage range. Perhaps I should send a
private email to JWB?

> Regards

Regards.

Frank.