[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix hanging (was Re: EtherK not starting up reliably)

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 22:54:58 +0100

On 25 Mar 2007 Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I had previously come to the conclusion that the problems I was
> experiencing were temperature related.  I've now had carpets fitted
> and the Iyonix (standard case) is now sitting on carpet rather than on
> bare floorboards.  The hangs have not occurred since.  This leads me
> to suspect that there is less airflow through the case and less
> internal cooling.  Have you relocated your machine in the last two
> weeks?  If so, moving it back again might be worth trying.

I would expect sitting on carpet to make things worse. Computers should
always be placed on a flat solid surface so that the legs ensure a gap
underneath. The Iyonix classic case doesn't have any ventilation slots under
the front facia but many do and need to be unobstructed. The Risc PC in tower
mode has all intakes underneath and must be supported clear of the surface.

Cheers
---Dave

  David J. Ruck    Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301    Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx