[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix and Wi-Fi

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 22:36:20 +0100

On 15/10/2010 19:06, Matthew Thompson wrote:
However, I was told that this if the computer is to be in a different
room to the router (which it may or may not be, I don't know yet) then
I have been told I would need a USB WiFi adapter which when you plug
it in it then lets you use a computer away from the router.

Not with RISC OS you don't there are no USB drivers for WiFi dongles, and never likely to be.

The cheapest and best solution is good old Cat 5 network cabling between router and computer. Only if an excessive distance or you really can't hide the cable go for a homeplug mains networking solution.

Cheers
---David

--
Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx