[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix Hardware additions

  • From: george <george.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 16:52:55 GMT

In message <Marcel-1.53-0201155831-313pErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri 01 Feb, charles wrote:
>>
>> In article <Marcel-1.53-0201143638-bc8pErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>    Chris Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm pretty sure Matthew means three 'buttons' NO scroll wheel.
>>
>> I'm sure he did, but he might not realise the scroll wheel is also a button
>
> Err he said "the mouse menu button is now a scrolling wheel BUTTON" and
> "[I] cannot get used to it!" (my emphasis)
>
> I'm not sure how you anyone could get used to not having access to a menu
> button as there is not a lot you can do on RISC OS without it!
>

> Chris Evans

My optical mouse (can't remember the make but bought from CJE -
Logitech?) has a scroll wheel which can be depressed, so acting like
the middle, Menu button. It is a bit stiffer than the usual
three-button mouse but I did get used to it, and I wouldn't give up
the convenience of the scroll wheel now. I use it in conjunction with
HID 0.36 without any problems on a 5.13 Iyonix.

George