[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix Hardware additions

  • From: dave higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 15:46:37 +0000

Quoting Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Since my additon of a new power supply and USB External hard disc for
> my Iyonix, i'm quite keen to add some more new stuff to my Iyonix and
> have a few things in mind but not sure what the best option is, so any
> help and advice very much appreciated - (and apologies if this is
> covering old ground)
>
> Mouse
> ---------
>
> I use the standard Iyonix USB mouse but was given an Optical mouse to
> try out, the control is superb and a lot better than a ball mouse,
> however it only has 2 buttons and the mouse menu button is now a
> scrolling wheel button in the middle (hope that makes sense) and
> cannot get used to it

I too had one of those mice forced on me at work, and it took me a very
long time to get used to it - possibly a year, I can't remember - but now
I am used to it, I wouldn't like to go back to not having a scroll wheel.
I also bought a 2 + scroll wheel mouse for my Iyonix at home, and am very
happy with it.

My honest recommendation to you is to persevere with it.

Dave