[iyonix-support] Re: Iyo drops router

  • From: Alan Wrigley <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 12:41:39 +0100

"Chris N.L. France. \(hp\)" <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No. I think the problem is something to do with the Iyo.

From what you describe it sounds very like the problem I've had with my
Iyonix for years, so please let us know if the suggested fix (PSU) works.

Mine started some time ago, the symptoms being the network just packing up
usually while transferring files between the Iyo and the PC. It required a
reboot to get it back again. At first it only happened occasionally but then
got more and more frequent until the network was virtually unusable for any
serious work. At the same time I had the other symptoms of PSU trouble -
random disc errors, failure to start up, tartan start-up screen etc.

After three PSUs in quick succession, none of which worked properly, I
finally gave up and transplanted the Iyo into a new case with a standard ATX
PSU and it's now as steady as a rock - except for the networking which is
still useless. I can copy a couple of files across but any sustained network
use, such as backing up to the PC or NAS, kills it very quickly. However,
internet use (which is mostly email on that machine) doesn't seem to cause
the problem.

So if a new PSU cures yours, it will give me a clue that I might need to
look at my PSU again.

Alan