[iyonix-support] Re: Interrupt failure in EtherK module (revisited)

  • From: Rik Griffin <rik.griffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 09:26:04 GMT

In message <45CAFD5F.7040409@xxxxxxxxxx>
          John <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> the problem that was fixed was a 'small time window' where a n/w
> interrupt got missed -  resulting in the IRQ line on which the n/w chip
> sits, and incidentally one of the usb channels, being disabled.
>
> re-enabling this let things continue I understand.

Latest test results: After about 16 hours of sending multicast UDP packets
at approx 2.5Mbits/sec the interrupt problem had occurred. Can't be more
specific about the time as I left it running overnight.

Reenabling the IRQ using the HAL call revealed the previous state of the
IRQ to have been off (HAL entry point #1 returned 0 in r0).

This is with RO5.12, and EtherK 0.19.

--
Rik Griffin
Software Engineer, Denbridge Marine Ltd