[iyonix-support] Re: Installation of GeForce FX5200 graphics card

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 15:38:58 +0100

In message <deb23acc4e.mikebatten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Michael John Batten <mikebatten@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am about to install a GeForce FX5200 card in my Iyonix. Is it just a
> quick swop with the existing graphics card or is there something else
> I need to do?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike Batten
>
> Iyonix PC with OS 5.13

Ideally you should program in a transfer ROM before powering down to
take out the old card.

When you run the ROM reprogrammer it gives you the options.

You should then install the new card and check that everything works
and then program in a FULL ROM again.

Doug

--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.