[iyonix-support] Re: How quiet is your FX5200?

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 23:05:41 GMT

In message <e93170bb4e.jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Before I buy a package of RO5.13 plus video card...
>>
>> I did hear a rumour some time ago that some of the FX5200 cards
>> that Castle were selling were rather noisy.  Can some of you
>> who own these things give me your real opinions, please?
>
> Dave I have just installed a geforce fx5200 card that I bought from
> Neil Spellings at the SW show.
> The card it replaces is the original graphics card that came with my
> Iyonix Panther.

[snip]
I seem to remember that the original FX5200 cards that Neil Spellings
sold had a fan on them but he changed to ones that didn't when supply
the next batch. Luckily he run out of them at the SEShow so I got one
without a fan and a very welcome noise reduction it was as well as a
speed up for the Iyonix.

> Of course my A9Home is quieter but unfortunately the Iiyama monitor I
> use with it emits a high pitched whine:-)
>
> john

Well Wakefield isn't to far away John

Doug
--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.