[iyonix-support] Hardware Failure.

  • From: Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 20:00:03 +0100

Hi.

Yesterday when I got and switched on my Iyonix it was fine and working
OK, so I left it running and was watching TV, and suddenly heard the
switching off power shutting down noise, and my Iyonix was lifeless.

However today with a replacement PSU installed it's all back up and
running, I think it was obvious to say the PSU was the culprit, but
what concerns me is what caused it, and could it happen again, it
could be something as simple as a faulty PSU unit and a replacement
PSU fixes the problem.

But could it be my machine itself or the stuff in it causing problems,
I have a a CD drive, DVD drive, floppy drive and 2 hard discs in the
machine, another thought was maybe it overheated as it has been very
hot over the weekend.

I don't really know what went wrong but hopefully it will be the end
of it, and I don't think it's relevant but on Saturday I got that hard
disc error message that has been mentioned on here a few times before,
but a reboot seems to shift that.

cheers
Matthew

--