[iyonix-support] Re: Harddrive Buying Help

  • From: Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 23:41:02 +1300

In message <4ead90059ebrian@xxxxxxxxxx>
          brian <brian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the info and your reasonable thoughts on the matter, Ron.
>
> Brian

Hey, thanks for the handy links, I'm still learning as I go.
To follow up on the SATA adapter issue, I have found that the typical
cheap adapter has only one SATA per IDE port and also people have had
problems with them not going, and not knowing wether it is for plugging
in to the drive or to the motherboard, I think there is a card with a
different chip for each job. Certainly the Chinese people advertising
them have no way to explain which way it is used.
I have seen mention of an adapter that has 2 SATA outs which could only
be used on the motherboard and no mistake. Also this keeps 4 devices
which is important.

Cheers  -Ron