[iyonix-support] Re: !FreeTime not working

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 23:49:52 +0100

On 03/08/2010 17:18, John Grogan wrote:
Hello, all,

I have been using !Freetime on my Iyonix for a number of years

You should be using the far superior NetTime module on RISC OS 5. This is still working correctly with various NTP servers.

Instead of crudely jumping the time to the correct value as FreeTime does, for small differences it smoothly adjusts the time to prevent abnormalities in program operation and logging. It then reprograms the timer chip interrupt rate to keep better synchronisation with the reference clock.

Cheers
---David

--
Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx