[iyonix-support] Re: !FreeTime not working

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 09:58:12 +0100

On 5 Aug 2010  John Williams <JohnRW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <b540f04151.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Details being sent off-list.

> It would be much better to have details on-list, then it would be archived
> and available to others.

OK, here are the two messages to Peter:

1)

Here, I have NetTime in !Boot.Resources.!System.500.Modules.Network
and in the file !Boot.Choices.Internet.User I have the added lines, at
the end:

Set Inet$NTPserver  ntp.demon.co.uk
RMEnsure NetTime 0 RMLoad System:Modules.Network.NetTime

This runs NetTime at start-up, or if NetTime is double-clicked, and
then at half-hourly intervals.

I can't remember where I got these instructions from, but they are
indeed hard to find!

2) (slightly modified, as this list doesn't allow attachments):

I forgot to add: if you save and run an Obey file containing:

Nettime_status

it'll tell you whether or not NetTime is doing its stuff. You should
get output along the lines of:

Current time:    Thursday, 5 August 2010 09:52:03.07
Last adjustment: 16 minutes 13 seconds ago
Last error:      0.000498 seconds fast
Last server:     ntp.demon.co.uk
Last protocol:   SNTP
Poll interval:   30 minutes
Timer latch:     2000565 (-282ppm)

Part of which I understand :-)

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter,  \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.