[iyonix-support] Re: Freak colours

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: IYONIX-SUPPORT <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 20:11:16 +0100

In message <lX+mWTAt$XwIFwOt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Derwent <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I bought my Iyonix in April 2006.
> A few minutes ago the screen suddenly turned to just blue and pink,
> without any input from me as far as I am aware.
> I tried a SHIFT/BREAK restart but this made no difference, so I shutdown
> and after about 2-3 minutes did a cold start. It appears now to be
> running normally.
> Can anyone offer a prognosis as to whether this is just a freak
> occurrence, or whether it's a symptom of a more serious impending
> problem?

> Hi there
> Well nobody responded when I posted this a few days ago, and although I
> have had several days of trouble free running from my Iyonix, this event
> has happened again. The screen went all blue/red and would not reset
> until I did a cold restart.
> Is it an impending problem with my screen or the graphics card (or
> something else)??

> Could someone please help me?????
> Pete
Pete

It would help to know what OS version you have and the type of
graphics card type etc.

Also have you had all the firmware mods done as per below though I
suspect given the date you purchased the machine it will have.:

http://www.iyonix.com/updates/MB-Mods.shtml

Have you added added anything new software wise lately.

Other things to check are the PSU 5v level and also what apps did you
have running at the time.

Doug

--
Using an IYONIX pc and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking person's alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.