[iyonix-support] Re: First view of ROM 5.13

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 08:13:49 +0000 (GMT)

In article <ab5ffabe4e.acld75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, george
<george.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip] HID possibly preventing shutdown

> I've been using !HID for over a month now and I find it doesn't affect
> shutdowns at all on my machine (X100, 5.12). However, seemingly it
> does prevent !DPingScan from interfacing with my scanner (an Epson
> 1660). With !HID loaded, either the machine freezes, necessitating a
> Ctrl-Break restart, or I get a 'scanner not found' message. Running
> !USBKick has no effect on this behaviour. Like Gary, I find the extra
> functionality conferred by !HID hard to do without, so I just have to
> remember to quit it before using the scanner.

Suggestions :-

Swap the scanner to a different USB socket, if it's connected directly to
the Iyonix then the adjacent socket to where it is now will often help.
(USBKick has a better chance of working if the scanner is connected to a
USB hub because the whole hub can be kicked).

If you have HID installed, configure it to install the modules after
the desktop.

Try ScanKick as this won't let the scan commence if it's likely to
freeze. If it doesn't help then contact me.

Ian

--
Ian Hamilton (RISC PC RO4)  http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
             (Iyonix  RO5)  Programs compatible with RISC OS 3/4/5