[iyonix-support] Re: First view of ROM 5.13

  • From: george <george.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 20:28:06 GMT

In message <4ebeed6c8dgary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Gary Locock <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <17db65be4e.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 4 Mar, Gary Locock wrote in message
>>   <4ebe6139f6gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

[snip]

>> It does seem that running certain modules in the
>> background can prevent shutdown from working correctly.
>
> Indeed; !HID is prime suspect as previously mentioned. However it isn't that
> simple, because you then have to explain why in 80% of shutdowns it does
> /not/ interfere with correct operation.

[snip]

I've been using !HID for over a month now and I find it doesn't affect
shutdowns at all on my machine (X100, 5.12). However, seemingly it
does prevent !DPingScan from interfacing with my scanner (an Epson
1660). With !HID loaded, either the machine freezes, necessitating a
Ctrl-Break restart, or I get a 'scanner not found' message. Running
!USBKick has no effect on this behaviour. Like Gary, I find the extra
functionality conferred by !HID hard to do without, so I just have to
remember to quit it before using the scanner.

George