[iyonix-support] Re: First view of ROM 5.13

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 12:00:18 GMT

On 5 Mar 2007  Chris Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat 03 Mar, Dr Peter Young wrote:
>>
>> On 2 Mar 2007  Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Can't you just do a *Poweroff at the prompt?
>>
>> I occasionally do a "Exit desktop" by mistake for "Shutdown", and when
>> I do this I never get a * prompt. It's been suggested that if I press
>> Enter repeatedly a prompt will appear, but this has never happened.
>
> It could be that not only is the * prompt off the top of the screen but is
> also off the left hand side!
>
> Try doing a CRTL SHIFT F12 twice and then type: help followed by return
> if it is off the top by more than 7 lines you may need to do this twice!
>
> Let us know what happens!

Tried that, though I wasn't quite sure what I was doing :-(

Doing a Crtl Shift F12 twice just gets me to the normal
shut-down/restart screen.

Doing exit desktop from the task manager icon (1) gets a blank screen,
and no matter how many times I type help, I get nothing appearing on
it. Oh, well, back to the ol' reset button.

(1) This is where I sometimes get into trouble on particularly dozy
days, clicking on exit desktop rather than shutdown. As I mentioned,
it's more a nuisance than a real problem.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.