[iyonix-support] Re: Fatal Flaw in ROM513?

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 18:14:00 GMT
On 8 Mar 2007, Dr Peter Young wrote:
> On 25 Feb 2007  Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Twice since upgrading, (and never before) I have had total computer
>> crashes using ROM513.
>>
>> I am using MessPro (4.23) and OvPro (2.77) at the same time. All of a
>> sudden, and without any warning whatsoever, the computer totally
>> freezes. Even the mouse pointer disappears! Squares cannot be drawn on
>> the pinboard.
>>
>> Alt_Break has no effect whatsoever.
>>
>> The only recourse is a switch-off reset..
>>
>> I have Lazy Task Switching set to 'on'.
>>
>> Anyone else experiencing these problems using these two programs on
>> ROM513?
>
> A rather late "me-too" from me, also with 5.13. MPro and OPro usually
> very happily co-exist here; however, today, after a fairly prolonged
> session of using OPro the machine froze solid during an OPro save.

I think this is the key: during an 'OvPro Save'
Previously, OvPro has saved files without freezing the Iyonix solid.

Presumably, Peter, like my three experiences with OvPro with RO513,
OvPro did not actually save anything during the OvPro 'save'?

--

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/