[iyonix-support] Re: Emptying Task Directory

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:27:05 +0000

MrJTGibbs <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Following yesterday's help (unauthorised run instructions) when I was
> advised to empty the ADFS::HardDisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks directory,

Hang on a minute that is not quite what Tim said. He referred to the file
Boot:Choices.Boot.Tasks.!Boot which he said should be empty and locked which
would prevent accidental saving of a further file if accidentally clicking
on "Desktop settings" from the Task Manager menu.

> I am beginning to find the things that were necessary somewhere. On my
> Iyonix 5.14 Is it simply a case for transferring to PreDesk, the items for
> which there was a purpose.

Hang on another minute, things do need to be in the right place.

> First off is !LanMan98 which was in Tasks as instructed on the floppy disc
> it came on. Then PDFmaker (file type Desktop)
>
> Then Obey files: !!RunGP !BootGP5 !UniServer ScrnSetup
>
> The first two are obviously required somewhere, but I haven't missed the
> obey files yet. Doubtless I will shortly.
>
> Perhaps I should put them all back in Tasks and just lock the directory?

As far as I can see the original problem was a spurious !Boot file of type
desktop in Tasks. All that was needed was to bin that. It is reasonable to
have user installed items in Tasks.

I hope this helps.
--
David Pitt