[iyonix-support] Re: Emptying Task Directory

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 11:58:54 GMT

On 2 Feb 2010  David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>> This brings two questions:
>>
>>   1) What is the approved way of opening a directory
>>      automatically at start-up?

> On Obey file in Tasks would do nicely. See !GetFiler, by Steve Fryatt.

>>   2) When one does Boot > Configure > Look at or Run, where do
>>      these settings get saved? I had naively assumed that they
>>      were in the Tasks.!Boot file, but evidently not. I've looked
>>      for them in vain.

> See these files :-

>  !Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDeskTop
>  !Boot.Choices.Boot.Desktop

Many thanks to everyone for their helpful replies, and apologies to
Chris for being off-topic. I'm now enlightened, have got GetFiler, and
have saved the relevant file.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Yb       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.