[iyonix-support] Re: Emptying Task Directory

  • From: cj <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 11:40:57 +0000 (GMT)

In article <6c2e3ce350.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   1) What is the approved way of opening a directory
>      automatically at start-up?

Get GetFiler by Stephen Fryatt (giving him his Sunday name). Quoting
from the help file it says:

"Since the demise of the 'Save Desktop' option in the Task Manager
 menu under Select, it is no longer possible to get a list of the
 Filer window positions.  Even under earlier versions of RISC OS,
 saving this file just for the *Filer_OpenDir commands was a contrived
 thing to do.  GetFiler is s solution."

In my archived download files I found v. 1.01. There may well be a
later version.

  http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/software/

Have fun.

Chris...