[iyonix-support] Disc problem?

  • From: ralph_valmai@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 18:11:55 +0100

Two things happened today:

(1) I ordered a second hard disc for the Iyonix.

2) When the machine was switched on, a 'disc error 23' flashed briefly
on the screen, there was an error message that there was no disc
present and a minimal desktop appeared after this was acknowledged.

DiscKnight was loaded from floppy, but of course, the machine said
that there was no disc for Sir David to examine. I have to admit to a
feeling of panic.

Without any real hope that it would do any good, I switched the
maching off and, after an interval, switched it on again. Everything
was fine and a normal boot resulted, to my amazement and relief.

I ran DiscKnight - the disc was good.

Any comments? The machine is nearly 4 years old. Should I open up the
case and check that the cables and power supply leads aren't a tad
loose? Is it possible that I have a power supply problem of the kind
discussed a few months ago?

Early on in the life of the machine I had a series of bizarre events
with the very same disc that were never explained (but not the system
complaining about that there was no disc present). Am I in for
another?

Ralph

--

Ralph & Valmai Stevens