[iyonix-support] Re: Disabling Oregano

  • From: Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:38:20 +0100

In message <4ef585b737riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 on 19 Jun 2007 Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article
> <62514.204.104.55.241.1182263515.SUIUQmldS0x8QA==.squirrel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    <marksyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Oregano always sets itself as the default browser. How do I stop
>>> it?
>>>

>> Do you use DialUp or NetFetch? If so, just change the browser
>> settings in that app.

> Indirectly - I use Hermes as a stand-alone program on Broadband.

I use NetFetch/MPro/Hermes with broadband.  I don't feel the need to
eliminate NetFetch from the set up.

> Can you
> be more specific as to how the full program (NetFetch) alters the way
> Oregano behaves. What is the connection between NetFetch and Oregano2.

In NetFetch, Choices->Programs allows you to save settings for:
Web browser
Mail/News reader
Mail trans app
News trans app
File trans (FTP)

If only Oregano is listed in the Web browser writable icon then
NetFetch will launch it as the default.

Regards

--
Andrew Pinder