[iyonix-support] Re: Counting oddity

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:18:16 +0100

In message <651196ef50.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 23 Feb 2010 Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In article <S0ee1b559email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>    John <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> If someone else has pointed this out, I apologise for not paying
>>> attention! Since switching to 5.16 I notice that the "Counting files"
>>> window result is now strangely formatted.

>> I cannot recall how it used to be.

> Prior to 5.16 it used to be on one line with the dot between the path
> and the leaf name fixed at approximately 10 characters from the right
> in the system font (it will show more characters of the leafname in an
> a-a font).

The new approach can really look silly:

          |                  Finished                  |
          |                          ADFS::HardDisc4.$.|
          |!NewsDir                                    |

Maybe all that tearing apart of the path should only ever be done if
the path is really too long to fit in the box. And even the path
fragments should be centered within the box as long they fit.

Martin