[iyonix-support] Re: CoolSwitch or similar

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix support <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 21:06:01 +0100

Sorry for delay in responding, and thanks to those who offered suggestions.

I have looked at both of them before, and neither is comparable to
!CoolSwitch in terms of what I want.

!Switch, from Harriet Bazley is menu driven, rather than key driven.

!MoreDesk (apart from doing a lot more that I don't need) only offers
window level switching (so similar to !AltTab, which I used before I
discovered !CoolSwitch).

I have got used to having two separate switching processes available, and
would not want to go back to something more basic.  With !CoolSwitch, I can
cycle applications (ie groups of windows) using Alt-Tab, or I can cycle
individual widows within the current application using Ctrl-Tab.  If
nothing else offers that, then I'll stick with !CoolSwitch, and put up
with having to disable Aemulor when I want to process big pictures.

Regards

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk