[iyonix-support] Re: CoolSwitch or similar

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 12:50:13 +0100

On 9 May 2011  John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> PBFront is the one you're thinking of, by John Duffell:

>> http://www.duffell.riscos.me.uk/

> I don't thinkl that's suitable for RO5?  When I tried to use it the boot
> sequence went pear shaped, so I removed it.  The help file only mentions
> RO4+.

Confirmed that it doesn't work with RISC OS 5.16. I didn't put it in
Boot, but just ran it. The module seems to be loaded, but doesn't do
anything.

Oddly, !Verma says of the PBFront module that it's 32-bit ready.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Lu     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.