[iyonix-support] Re: CoolSwitch or similar

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 09:43:28 +0100

On 8 May, Matthew Phillips wrote in message
    <879c0dd051.Matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Unfortunately, on our Iyonix, CoolSwitch doesn't entirely co-exist with
> Zap properly.  When a Zap window has the input focus then Alt-Tab will
> sometimes cause a tab character to be inserted into the current window as
> well as bring up the Coolswitch window.
>
> Does anyone else find this?

I don't use Zap any more, but now I've installed CoolSwitch I'll keep an eye
out for this effect.

[snip]

> I'm not totally convinced that bringing all the windows for a particular
> task to the front is what I would generally want to do, so perhaps I need
> to look for a tool which does all windows in one long list.

Ctrl-Tab cycles between the windows of a given task: IIRC this was how
Windows worked in the days of MDI (when CoolSwitch was written).

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/