[iyonix-support] Computer freezes are after I turn Printer Off

  • From: Brian <brferris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 10:16:36 GMT

RE:Subject: [iyonix-support] Re: Computer freeze after I turn printer
off
From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:52:21 GMT

In message <69dd28e250.BrianFerris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Brian <brferris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Today I did a print job which worked fine.
> After I switched off the printer, the computer froze.
> After pressing ALT and BREAK I was able to quit Printers and the
> machine was useable.
> I run printers again and was able to run another job, but as soon as I
> switched the printer off the computer froze and the printer icons were
> still on the iconbar this time.
> Had to do ALT BREAK again.
> This is new since Flashing 5.16.
> Printers 1.75
> Regards.
> Brian
See earlier email.

Try downloading and installing latest 1.75 from ROOL HardDisc4 image
first.

Doug
--
Using an IYONIX pc and RISC OS 5.16, the thinking person's alternative

operating system to Microsoft Windows.

Doug
I'm confused by your reply in Digest V5#30
You suggest downloading the latest HardDisc4 image.
This I had already done and with the latest FLASH ROM I now seem to
have a problem.
Unless you are replying to something else?
Brian
--
Check out Brian's pics at:
www.flickr.com/photos/httpflickrcomphotosbrian