[iyonix-support] Re: Audio In cycling volume

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 08:34:09 GMT
On 12 Mar 2008, A W wrote:
> On 3/12/08, Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>> Whether this improves upon the hiss you mention depends a lot on
>> whether the hiss is predominantly tape-hiss, or whether it is
>> pre-eminently Iyonix input hiss, or both.
>>
> I think it's tape hiss - as I say, it was an MP3 recorded onto tape
> from a RiscPC.

In that case there's little point in messing around with pre-amps or
the like.

If you have access to a Win PC, then there's an (I think it is still
free) audio-processing program called 'Audacity' that should be
capable of considerably reducing the tape-hiss whilst leaving the
wanted sound relatively unaffected. I don't think that there's any
program capable of doing this on the Iyonix, unfortunately.

>> Another question - is this track irreplaceably unique, or have other
>> people got one? If the latter, then why spend so much effort trying to
>> rescue a poor recording of it?
>>
> It was a bonus MP3 from an internet book download and for some reason
> I deleted it. I could read it out myself but I'd much prefer to hear
> somebody else's voice. There's also another recording I was given on
> tape which I was planning to preserve as well although that should be
> of better quality.
>
>> Have I got one?

In that case, sorry, I don't have one :-(

--

Cheers
Roger

Atomic Software   http://rogerdarlington.members.beeb.net/