[iyonix-support] Anyone with a 4GB or bigger USB stick?

  • From: Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:12:29 +0100

Can everyone who has an Iyonix and a USB memory stick of 4GB or
larger, try an experiment, please.

First, quit all possible apps on your Iyonix, so that, /IF/
it crashes, you don't lose any data.

Then plug in your memory stick and see if:

1) a drive icon appears on the icon bar;

2) the Iyonix is still running.  (A clock, e.g. !Alarm, with
seconds display enabled, is useful.)

DO NOT AT ANY TIME CLICK ON THE DRIVE ICON.  THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Finally, just unplug the drive.  Everything should still be
working fine.  DO NOT ATTEMPT TO "DISMOUNT" THE DRIVE.  It is
not necessary (you haven't written anything to the drive) and
might crash the Iyonix.

Let me know the results.

I have plugged a 4GB drive into my Iyonix, and it was fine so
long as I didn't click on the icon, so all I'm asking is
confirmation that the same happens for you.

Why should you do this?  Because I'm working on an app that
will read files from >2GB drives, and I need confirmation that
there is no fundamental problem when plugging larger drives in.
The app will be freeware.

Thanks in advance to everybody who tries the experiment.

Dave