[iyonix-support] Another Resolver problem?

  • From: "c.J.Johnson" <cjjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 20:45:01 -0000

Greetings!
Had 5.11 and decided today to flash 5.16
Rebooted the machine to clear the decks, deleted Clockfixer, and did the
flashing. It reported OK completion.

Rebooted the machine, all seemed well, even clock correct.Everything seemed to
work. Used Netsurf with no problems. BUT when I tried emailing.......

I have Netfetch 2.20b and Messenger Pro to match.
A click on the Netfetch icon (on the bar) produced:

File 'System:modules.Network.Resolver' not found

Looked in '!System:modules' and found nothing there, not even 'Network', let
alone 'Resolver'.

Looked in Netfetch 2.20 manual and found that  if Netfetch complained about
missing modules, I should download them from what  looked like ancient
addresses.
 So far I have not tried, because I have a back-up copy of
!Boot - the one I was using under 5.11, and it has 'System:modules' just as
empty as the present post flash !Boot. This baffles me completely and I am
unwilling to try anything without expert advice.

Further data:
I pinged the router - no problem. I share this router with the wife's PC and
that machine emails without problems (this message is coming from it). So it is
not a router problem
Messenger seems to work OK  at handling mails received and saved before the
flashing.

Could not find anything like this in recent traffic so I am asking for help. I
will be glad of anything anyone can suggest.

Best wishes,
CJJ