[iyonix-support] Re: Adding a drive

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:10:13 +0100

On 18/07/2012 11:13, Alan Wrigley wrote:
I've got a spare hard drive which has been used on a PC and I would like to
re-format it for use as a second drive on the Iyonix. However, the Iyo will
not boot up with the drive attached - it just hangs forever at the Iyonix
splash screen. The jumpers are set correctly for slave. I've tried
Shift-Break but that makes no difference.

Try *Unplug DOSFS before putting the disc in the machine. DosFS can hang if it is presented with a over 2GB, preventing the machine booting. If you are loading FAT32FS in the boot sequence, it shouldn't have any issue, and you've no need for DOSFS then anyway.

Cheers
--
David J. Ruck
email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx