[iyonix-support] Re: Abyssmally slow ethernet

  • From: Iyonix PC Owner <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:17:00 +0200

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007, Dave Higton wrote:

In message <6a0e49f44e.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
         Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm on the verge of giving up altogether on this, having spent a whole
week configuring the thing and still it doesn't work properly.

I do believe it is not fit for purpose.

IMHO it was not designed to cope with 500GB HDs. The 32 MB RAM version
of the NSLU2 can't cope with that. Works fine with 60GB HD though.

The best advice is to reflash the NSLU2 with Linux.  It's a very
common thing to do.

That is what I have done to mine more than one year ago. I am now
running Debian Linux (stable/etch) on it and feel quite happy with
it.

Rainer
--
Rainer Schubert                       mailto:iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx