[iyonix-support] Re: Abyssmally slow ethernet

  • From: John Cartmell <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:55:57 +0100

On 17 Jun, Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 17 Jun 2007, John Cartmell wrote:
> > On 17 Jun, Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> I'm on the verge of giving up altogether on this, having spent a whole
> >> week configuring the thing and still it doesn't work properly.
> >
> > Roger, Can you get to RONWUG (hands-on networking) on Wednesday? If so we
> > will include hands-on testing of your link - with another NSLU2 if I get
> > it in time - and with other hardware and the NSLU2. Between us all we
> > should be able to get it sorted, if that's possible.

> Thanks for the offer, but I am not at all convinced that anything can be
> done about it unless you and the group are crack-hands at programming in
> Linux code and can adapt the coding for writing to NTFS drives. That is
> what seems to be the problem - it works for ext2/ext3 drives, but the
> Linux coding is half-baked at writing to NTFS drives

OK
Change that offer to "you're welcome to attend and throw in your contribution.
Should any crack-hands at programming in Linux happen to be there (it's not
unknown at RONWUG!) then they may be able to offer help."
No promises! ;-)

--
        John Cartmell   john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      0845 006 8822 or 0161 969 9820
        Qercus magazine FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527         www.finnybank.com