[iyonix-support] Re: Abyssmally slow ethernet

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 13:25:50 +0100
On 17 Jun 2007, John Cartmell wrote:
> On 17 Jun, Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm on the verge of giving up altogether on this, having spent a whole
>> week configuring the thing and still it doesn't work properly.
>
> Roger,
> Can you get to RONWUG (hands-on networking) on Wednesday? If so we will
> include hands-on testing of your link - with another NSLU2 if I get it in time
> - and with other hardware and the NSLU2. Between us all we should be able to
> get it sorted, if that's possible.

John,

Thanks for the offer, but I am not at all convinced that anything can
be done about it unless you and the group are crack-hands at
programming in Linux code and can adapt the coding for writing to NTFS
drives. That is what seems to be the problem - it works for ext2/ext3
drives, but the Linux coding is half-baked at writing to NTFS drives
:-(

Nay, i'll go further than that, it is only 1/15,625-baked at writing
to NTFS drives.

--

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/
Atomic Software   http://rogerdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Summer Winers     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/
Bury Hut          http://buryhut.members.beeb.net/
Wild Flowers      http://rdarlington.members.beeb..net/
The more information you have, the more likely it is to be wrong