[iyonix-support] Re: 64 bit PCI network card

  • From: John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:53:45 +0100

Hi

all pci on iyo mobo is 32bit.

mobo chip is on primary pci bus, as are the 2 long sockets. the short sockets are on the secondary bus.

if the id of the chip on your card is recognised, it should work. if not, then it'll need a rewrite/rebuild of the driver module.

JB
John Ballance C.Eng MIET (Support) - jwb@xxxxxxxxxx - 07976 295923

John says: Shrink household bills by up to 30%? -> Have you looked here?

Too Much Month at the End of the Money? Look at this!

Chris Evans wrote:
On Thu 23 Sep, Ron wrote:

What would be the effect of a 64bit MT/1000 1G network card
in the Iyonix?

No improvement in performance even if 64bit was used because
of speed limitations of RISC OS?
Support by the GT/1000 card driver in 32bit mode?
No support in Iyonix at all?

I'm not sure what mode the PCI card is used in but I would expect it to be
the same as the mode that motherboard interface is connected in.

The motherboard interface connects to the PCI bus and I would expect it to
be connected electronicaly in exactly (or close) the same way as if on a PCI
card.

n.b. Many PCI devices are on the motherboard see *PCIDevices
sound, 1/O etc

Chris Evans

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5475 (20100924) __________

http://www.eset.com