[iyonix-support] Re: 5.18 Upgrade problems

  • From: John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 07:46:33 +0000

John

Interesting feedback.  Does anyone else see this?

# intrigued? Call me

John Ballance C.Eng MIET (Support) - jwb@xxxxxxxxxx - 07976 295923

On 10/03/2012 17:34, mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 08 Mar, Martin Wuerthner<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

[Snip]

As to CMOS, the only thing that springs to mind is that you or some
software unplugged a ROM module. That is unlikely to lead to the above
error, but worth a try: *unplug shows unplugged modules.
Martin,
thank you for this prompt. Since I had *rmreinit'ed WindowUtils (see
earlier thread) because it was unplugged, I thought I would see what
happened if I unplugged it again . .  the result is that Samba is back up
and running properly, as it was before the flash and restore!

Since this module appears not to do anything, I have no idea why, but
whatever the reason, I am back to normal again  :o)

Now I think I will leave this nice stable system alone!

Thanks to all for input,
John