[iyonix-support] Re: 5.18 Upgrade problems

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Support list <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 10:20:03 +0000 (GMT)

In article <526d2d9577mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Has anyone else experienced !smbserver problems as here: having tried
> 5.18 and then reverted to 5.16 for various reasons - including an
> inability to run Samba under the new OS, I now find that I cannot get
> Samba to run, even back on 5.16  :-(

I reverted back for the same reason.

> When the ADFS::HardDisc4.$.!Restore516 is run, are there any bits which
> were changed with the 5.18 flash which are then not changed back?

There shouldn't be.

> Now, every time I run Samba I get the error message "port 139 failed,
> using port 6790 instead!", clicking OK lets Samba run.

I saw that message too.

> Can anyone see a way out of this? I really miss the ability to connect
> RO & laptop  :(

I redownload Samba 007a and Samba 008 (copy over 007 setup) and set them
up again.

My setup was confused by a new router which complicated things, that's
why I started again from scratch.

Ian

--
Ian Hamilton (Iyonix/ARMini) http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/