[iyonix-support] Re: 5.13.upgrade

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 07:18:38 +0100

In message <F7263776-CECC-427C-8CE5-B3E9576B28F2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Michael Talibard <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 28 Mar 2007, at 15:26, John wrote:
>

>> Michael Talibard wrote:
>>> At what stage will 5.13 appear via !IyoUpWtch ?
>>
>> Improbable.. it follows from a buy of 513 or later
>
> I have 5.12 - this seems to say I should now buy 5.13
> (or did you mean to type 5.12?)

If you have purchased 5.12 you get offered 5.13 for free via the same
area as you originally downloaded 5.12 from. If you haven't got 5.12
and you are on 5.11 or earlier then you need to purchase the 5.12/13
upgrade forst to access the site.

>> , and is available at http://www.iyonix.com/ROM .. your account ..
>>
>> There might be an announcement that it exists.. that is all
>
> The more timid among us wait for the technical ones to iron
> out the problemettes, even if we read with interest while that
> is going on. I HAD thought that the sign of this teething period
> being over, and the thing being 'safe' now was !IyoUpWtch.
> But it seems I am wrong . .

Nothing to do with a teething period as you have to purchase ROM
images after 5.11 and these need your MAC address to work.

--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.