[iyonix-support] Re: 5.13 directory access details

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:42:02 GMT

On 26 Feb 2007 davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Quoting Richard Torrens <Richard.Torrens@xxxxxxx>:
>
> > In article <45E0B2F7.70206@xxxxxxxxxx>,
> >    John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > The access menu details are ONLY initialised if a single file is
> > > selected.. multiple files or directories cause it to come up
> > > uninitialised .. for logical reasons
> >
> > > John
> >
> > Seems more logical to me to have the details set to those of the first
> > file in the selection.
>
> Good grief, that would be mightily confusing.

It already has a paraellel in that when you select multiple files the set
file type entry shows the type of the first file, and pressing return in it
sets applies that type to the entire selection.

For access details ghouse of the first in the selection would be displayed
and pressing ok would apply those details to the entire selection.

> Which would you define to be the first?

The top left most selected file in the filer window using the current sorting
option.

Cheers
---Dave

  David J. Ruck    Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301    Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx