[iyonix-support] Re: 2nd harddrive problems

  • From: Simon Smith <simon_smith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 00:30:23 GMT

In message <382107bf4e.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 5 Mar 2007 Terry Swanborough <terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I am currently trying to add a second drive to my Iyonix
>
> [Snip]

> Yes thats the problem. DOSFS tries to mount them and screws up as they are
> over the pathetic 2GB it can handle.

<snip>

So, is there any chance of an update to DOSFS any time soon? Once DOSFS can
handle modern-sized discs, that would definitely help me justify paying for
an upgrade. There are a handful of other enhancements and bug fixes that
might also tilt the balance in favour of an upgrade, but a modernised DOSFS
would be a major factor. Other improvements I'm keeping an eye out for: bug
fixes to Edit so that it handles large files better; PNG support for
ChangeFSI; various other Adjust-like enhancements; a few other minor things
that don't currently come to mind. USB 2.0 and the other 5.12+ goodies
aren't really worth it for me, yet.

Simon Smith
--
Have you heard of the International Obfuscated Perl Code Competition? Each
contestant is shown ten Perl programs - five that have been written normally