[iyonix-support] Re: 2nd harddrive problems

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 22:47:26 GMT

On 5 Mar 2007 Terry Swanborough <terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am currently trying to add a second drive to my Iyonix

[Snip]

> but each time I get the same
> result, the Iyonix boots and reads OK off the original disc and gets
> to the Iyonix RISC OS5 startup banner and the hour glass just shows.

[Snip]

> Both drives were installed in a Win XP machine if this makes any
> difference.

Yes thats the problem. DOSFS tries to mount them and screws up as they are
over the pathetic 2GB it can handle.

The solution is to *Unplug DOSFS before installing the drive, format to
Filecore with !HFORM, then *RMReinit DOSFS.

Cheers
---Dave

  David J. Ruck    Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301    Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx