[iwgmgfh] Re: bibliography on genealogy and family history

  • From: Arnon Hershkovitz <arnon.hershkovitz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iwgmgfh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 09:33:59 -0400

Yeah, sure there are plenty - just like in any other discipline. Actually,
maybe even more, as we're dealing with a true multidisciplinary field.

One obvious option is to narrow down the list to the most "essential"
items, those that lie in the core of the field. The problem is, of course,
that the resulting list would not reflect the richness of the research in
the field.

Now, that gives me an idea for a potential first task of our group: We can
publish a literature review on Multidisciplinary Genealogy and Family
History research, pointing out the most salient research routes taken so
far and suggesting future research directions. What do you think?

Arnon