[iwgmgfh] Re: Our own personal interest in genealogy

  • From: Tanya Evans <tanya.evans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iwgmgfh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 19:03:24 +1000

Hi all - I have not worked on my own family history but I am currently
writing a piece on how I have 'shared authority' with a family historian on
a public history project I have been working on and I am writing some of my
life story into this. I think I will begin the process of working on my
family history for this. I'm not sure how far I'll get with limited time at
my disposal but the more I write about family history in my work, the more
I think I should engage with the practice myself. I am also exploring the
motivations of family historians in my research at the moment.

All the best,
Tanya

Dr Tanya Evans
Lecturer