[isapros] Re: Web Proxy with NLB - Back to basics!

  • From: Jason Jones <Jason.Jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 13:30:34 +0100

Sorry Tom, didn't quite get this: "In this scenario you can get the advantages
of caching with the Firewall client, and you can take advantage of NLB when
using the firewall client. So, all you lose are some nominal gains conferred
from CARP"

Which scenario/option? - do you mean option 3? If so, which network do you need
to enable it on? Intra-Array "feels" right, but not 100% sure...

Jason Jones | Security | Silversands Limited | Desk: +44 (0)1202 360489 |
Mobile: +44 (0)7971 500312 | Email/MSN:
jason.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jason.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I think you've got the analysis down right. CARP and NLB have never been two
great tastes that taste great together.

In this scenario you can get the advantages of caching with the Firewall
client, and you can take advantage of NLB when using the firewall client. So,
all you lose are some nominal gains conferred from CARP.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Site: www.isaserver.org<http://www.isaserver.org/>
Book: http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7